Online casino

Monday, 8 November 2010

Tournament at the pub

As usual, I play poker with a friend beside the Tooting Bec Station in a pub called the “the Bec Bar”. Yesterday I have finished 11th but I did a few mistakes and it cost me a place at the final table.
At the beginning of the tournament, we were 40 players and I know some of them, so it is much easier to play against players you know because you know also how they play but it is the same for them, they know how you play.
Yesterday, I play quite ok but I made some mistakes. I used to raise on people they have just a few chips left. And, it works quite well yesterday. I play with a ace and a king and I saw that a player had just a few chips left so I raised enough to push him to go all in. He had a king too and a 10. On the flop, it was a king – 7 – 5. I am still the winner. The turn is a king and the river is a 8. I have a three of the kind like my opponent but my kicker was much better. The thing is, you have to get the best 5 cards ever to win the pot and it is quite rare to see some players sharing the pot but it can happen.
But, now, I will talk about my mistake. First mistake: after 1 hour of game, I received a pocket aces. I raised, a guy called me. We saw the flop: 5-6- 10. I am the first one who had to talk of course. So I raised 500 chips. He did the same, he raised but 1000 chips. Ok he has a pair of 5 or 6, it is too obvious but I was expecting an ace on the river or the turn. I called (I was much richer than him and I knew he won’t play if he had nothing, but sometimes luck can be with you). The luck wasn’t there. And he won around 3000 chips of mine.
Second mistake: it left 16 players and I am one of them. The blind is quite high now. The minimum is 500 and the big one is 1000. Of course people of playing when they get good cards but when they play, it is all in so you don’t have a lot of possibilities call or fold. I receive a king and a 8 same suit, I knew that is was great cards, I was the big blind: 1200 chips. It left me something about 1600 more after putting the big blind. A guy raised 2000 chips. I was eating some peanuts at the same time and when it was my turn to talk everyone looks at me, and of course, a peanut fell off. Everyone laughed and of course me too, but after that I couldn’t be serious anymore in front of the player so I decided to fold. He got a pocket queen and on the flop: king-6 – 10. I wanted to play but the fact to lose my serious in front other player didn’t give me the courage to do it. Mistake and be humble, your strength!






CIS Directory

1 comment:

Annuaire Lien

Games & Game Suppliers - UK Arcade Games and Fruit Machines